Unfriended: Dark Web



    I would be the first to admit, when the original "Unfriended" dropped in 2014, I was not expecting to enjoy it. I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. I always thought though, there is no need to make a sequel. Alas.. we fast forward to 2018, and there is a sequel.
    The story revolves around Matias, who finds a great laptop, in his local internet cafe's lost and found. Since it has been there for weeks, he takes it. Later that night, while playing a game night over Skype, he begins to discover some terrible things.
   One of the problems that plagued both of the films was the acting. In most of these cases, the actors from these films, do not have a lot of experience. It unfortunately, caries over to this film. When the story got to the climax, the line delivery got a little rough.
   What really worked for the first one, was essentially, everyone was a terrible person. As the story progresses, you find out the terrible things that they have done. This one, no one was really bad, things just happened. To me, this made the story less engaging.
   One thing I was always a big fan of, was how the film was shot. I love using the laptop camera. It makes things more personal, which is exactly what the story needs.
  In the end, while not a terrible idea, there is no way it lives up to its predecessor.
GRADE:C-

Comments

  1. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    dark web

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Triple 9

Trailer of the week- Pet Sematary