Uncharted Fan Film



   "Uncharted" has seen many games since it's start in 2007. These games have been considered great, in most circles. Rumors of a movie have been swirling for some time, with Nathan Fillion heavily considered. Many delays have caused many to believe that he has become too old. To the point that now we are getting a prequel with Tom Holland. One thing I did not know, was how big of a fan of the game franchise. When someone offers to independently finance his chance to be Nathan Drake.
   To keep it simple, Nathan Drake is infiltrating a criminal compound to find his next clue to clue to the treasure. Of course, Sully (Stephen Lang) is close behind to lend a hand.
  The biggest thing to discuss are the performances of both Nathan Fillion and Stephen Lang, in their respective roles. Personally, I was always a fan of Fillion being cast as Nathan Drake, fortunately, this film proved this point. Drake needed to be someone who could come in and be crazy sarcastic, but hold a large amount of charisma. That kind of character  is right up Fillion's alley. For those who have seen "Firefly", should know what I mean.
   When it came to Sully, I was never really sure who I wanted to play him. I have to say that I was pretty pleased with what I saw when it came to Stephen Lang. It very much felt like a mentor role.
  You can not have a good "Uncharted" film, without great action. This short does the best it can with what it has. Give them more money, who knows what could happen.
   There are many rumors flying about what could possibly come from this. I would be the first to say, I am down!
 GRADE: B+ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended: Dark Web

Triple 9

Trailer of the week- Pet Sematary