Razzies 2023

 



 With the Oscars coming out soon, we get the inevitable Razzie award nominations. Today is that day people! In general, it does seem that they are used to be funny, not always to spotlight what is truly bad. There is not much to really say about them, but I do have a few thoughts!

    My biggest issue is by far, it the nomination of Ryan Kiera Armstrong for "Firestarter".  I will never say that kids are the best actors by any means, but singling out a child for this award is crazy. Could one argue that if at twelve one can be nominated for an Oscar, so why not a Razzie? I did see the film when it premiered last year, but I would not say she's any worse than any of the other child actors that we got this year. It is a shame that it almost feels more like a ploy to stay relevant than an actual nomination.

        One that hurt me deeply, was the nomination of Tom Hanks for "Elvis" and "Pinocchio". I have grown up with, thinking this man was one of the greatest actors I have ever known, than this year. No bias though!

The Razzies ceremony is March 11.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unfriended: Dark Web

Triple 9

Trailer of the week- Pet Sematary